Tuesday, June 13, 2006

How to transfer big files for free!


HOW DO YOU TRANSFER LARGE FILES ACROSS THE INTERNET FOR FREE?

By John Hicks M.IDM
Managing Director of Headline Promotions, Press & PR


This morning, I had to send my web designers, AFH Website Designs of Yeovil, a large audio file for the new Headline Promotions website.

It was a recording of Jeremy Beadle interviewing the great Jack Smink of the United States, arguable the world's leading Elvis tribute act.

I attached it to my e-mail but received an instant warning in large red letters to say that the file exceeded my limit. What was I to do?

I suddenly remembered that, many months ago, I had seen an article about a free service called (inspirationally, I think) http://www.transferbigfiles.com/
which (equally inspirationally) I had bookmarked.

I went into my AOL Favourites listing and there it was: Transfer Big Files dotcom.

All I had to do was clink on the link to my files, attach it and then type in the e-mail address for AFH Website Designs and click "send".

A few minutes later they rang to say that the file had arrived. It really could not have been quicker or easier!

So, take my advice and bookmark that website address - you never know when you might need it.

And, when you have five minutes, relax with a hot cup of coffee and read the story of how the guys at Transfer Big Files dotcom (one of whom is pictured above) started out - read their blog!